Hello guys!
I hope you enjoy every single review, as much as I enjoy writing them.

Tuesday, May 19, 2015

Winger

Posted by Unknown at 2:46 PM
11861815


Synopsis:



"Ryan Dean West is a fourteen-year-old junior at a boarding school for rich kids in the Pacific Northwest. He’s living in Opportunity Hall, the dorm for troublemakers, and rooming with the biggest bully on the rugby team. And he’s madly in love with his best friend Annie, who thinks of him as a little boy.
With the help of his sense of humor, rugby buddies, and his penchant for doodling comics, Ryan Dean manages to survive life’s complications and even find some happiness along the way. But when the unthinkable happens, he has to figure out how to hold on to what’s important, even when it feels like everything has fallen apart.
Filled with hand-drawn info-graphics and illustrations and told in a pitch-perfect voice, this realistic depiction of a teen’s experience strikes an exceptional balance of hilarious and heartbreaking. " (Taken from; Good Reads)



Review: 


Andrew Smith is a genius. I know that I will love every single one of his books before I pick them up. He has a distinct and powerful way of writing that truly compels me. Somehow he manages to elaborate this rare and wonderful ideas and creates something incredible and significant to the readers. Therefore, I shouldn't be surprised of how much I loved Winger.

Winger is now one of my favorite books. I don't really want to say much about the book per se because I'm scared of spoiling even the tiniest detail. I'm just going to say that this book is a perfect and well developed piece of art. The characters, the plot, the dialogue, and comics are simply amazing. Honestly, I can't wait to get my hands on the second book. 

If you haven't read it let me tell you that you are missing a wonderful story. 

Rating:

5/5



0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Book Hooked Reviews Template by Ipietoon Blogger Template | Gadget Review